Major Gifts Officer – Omaha OR Lincoln, NE REMOTE
Planned Parenthood North Central States
Major Gifts Officer Remote, NE
(Omaha or Lincoln NE strongly preferred)
Starting salary for candidate who meets minimum requirements (Experience will be compensated): $66,000+/year
Typical Schedule: 40 hours/week
At Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom, and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That s why we protect, promote, and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young people and families with empathy, care, and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Click here to learn more: Our Mission
What to expect:
Reporting to the Director of Development Major Gifts, the Major Gifts Officer performs a wide variety of functions. The Major Gifts Officer works to qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift prospects who are capable of making gifts of $25,000 or more to achieve a set annual fundraising goal. This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of individual donors, soliciting annual, endowment, and planned gifts in support of health care, education, and advocacy and political programs. Major Gifts Officers are advocates in implementing our mission To affirm the right to reproductive and sexual health and freedom for all by providing excellent care, trusted education, and fierce advocacy They may perform other related duties as assigned.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm. Must be able to travel within the region (primarily Nebraska) for donor meeting and fundraising events.
This position will impact us with the following contributions:
- Achieve individual fundraising goals and strategically use moves management to maximize revenue and donor retention
- Organize and implement strategies to qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of major and planned gift prospects. Maintain an active schedule of donor engagements, maximizing direct donor interaction when possible.
- Develop customized briefing documents, solicitation materials, proposals, correspondence, and gift acknowledgements, all informed by a consistent, well-articulated case for support.
- Create and implement stewardship plans for donors in portfolio giving at leadership levels.
- Serve as an ambassador for PPNCS throughout the region.
- Manage and track donor relationships and proposals in Raiser s Edge.
- Three to five years of fundraising experience with demonstrated success in raising funds from individual donors.
This position is eligible for:
- A comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision With equity-based premium tiers
- NICE HEALTHCARE free, virtual primary care for entire household (in-home available for qualifying locations) Services include: 80 free labs, free x-rays, and physical tests, live, virtual physical therapy, 550+ free medications
- Flex Spending Account
- Life insurance
- Eligibility for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- PTO, Float holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Eight weeks paid Parental Leave
- One Week Paid COVID leave, if necessary
- Pet Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision With equity-based premium tiers
We require all PPNCS employees, volunteers, interns, and fellows to have a current, up-to date, COVID vaccine (Exemptions may be provided for medical, disability (ADA) or religious reasons.)
Planned Parenthood North Central States supports people of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.
Planned Parenthood is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, size, disability, socioeconomic status, or status regarding public assistance. Planned Parenthood is committed to encouraging and promoting diversity as well as providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Planned Parenthood is dedicated to an equitable and inclusive work environment and encourages all interested candidates to apply regardless of initial skill set.
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
Questions? Contact for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)